Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dan Fogelberg Tribute

This year we have been performing alot of Tribute Concerts for two great singer-songwriters who helped put Colorado on the map (so to speak). John Denver and now Dan Fogelberg. It's hard to believe that Dan has passed, his music (along with John's) was the reason I picked up a guitar and started warbling out my first songs (painful, still have them on tape...think high pitched shower singing!) Our tribute up in Nederland two weeks ago went really well, alot of hard core Dan fan's showed up. I am going to enjoy blogging and will most likely find it a useful tool in terms of connecting with other singer/songwriter's....maybe theres even a group of us out there "librarian-singer-songwriters".

1 comment:

Terzah said...

I think you will love blogging, and you have a great topic for it. When we can better afford babysitters, my husband and I will definitely try to get to some of your grown-up concerts. I'm a John Denver fan myself, though no singer (my parents designated "Sunshine on My Shoulders" as "Terzah's song" when I was a baby). And we'll definitely be attending your concerts with Mary Sue.